Students can choose which project to do while there is a sub:
Additional Important Information:
- Attendance: Attendance lists (and copies of sub plans) are in a clear yellow folder on top of the bookcase to the left of my desk.
- (Printed Out) Sub Plans: Please use the web-based sub plans, but know that there are also printed versions (as well as printed image examples) in the "Class Resource Folders." These "folders" are in a labeled metal filing tray on the skinny white table by the white board near the windows.
- What to do During Class: After the kids are settled into their projects, please sit with the students. Talk with them. They will want to get to know you and they will want to tell you about their art/lives. Please also circulate the room throughout class. Please be a part of their art class.
- Behavior: If any student gives you a hard time, please leave me a note recording his/her name and describing what happened. I have a policy whereby whenever a student misbehaves for a substitute, they receives a 0 for their weekly grade. Conversely, if anyone was spectacular, please also record their names down and what happened so I can reward them!
- Clean Up: Please make sure the students clean up after themselves. They know where everything goes and should be able to do this without a problem. Most classes need about 3-4 minutes to clean up.
- Fire Drill: If there’s a fire drill, grab the blue clipboard by the phone and take the students out the front school entrance and over to the basketball courts.
- Lock-down: If there’s a lock-down drill, take all the kids into the back storage room. Draw the shade back there. Kids should sit in complete silence until the principal gives the “OK” over the loudspeaker that everything’s all clear.